Community History

Origins of Downing Park

Located within the sought-after Druid Hills neighborhood, and within the immediate vicinity of Druid Hills Golf and Country Club, 1585 S. Ponce de Leon Ave, is the site of the forthcoming Downing Park community. The original home was designed and constructed in 1914 by architect Walter T. Downing for Preston S. Arkwright, President of Georgia Railway and Power Company, The Tudor Revival architecture spawned a primary mansion house, boasted lush historic gardens and a detached carriage house.